Monday, October 29, 2012

Yum wow yum!

I had Jason pick up a rotisserie chicken from Costco the other day not really sure what I was going to do with it. Well, I found the most amazing thing to do with it and now it has been fully consumed. That's right. I did share a little.
I made the most killer delicious chicken salad ever. I mean, I made it this morning while my oatmeal was cooling and I will tell you this. My oatmeal was dumped down the drain after taste testing this salad. turning into my breakfast. This was so freaky deaky good. So here goes.

1 rotisserie chicken
1 avocado
1 container plain yogurt
1-2 T mayo (to tone the heat down to a level you are comfortable with)
1 chipotle from a can of chipotle in adobo (remove seed to reduce heat)
juice of 1 lime
pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
cilantro
green onions
salt

Puree the avocado, yogurt, 1 T of mayo, juice of 1 lime, a pinch of salt and chipotle. Holy cow this is some good stuff. I added my mayo after the fact because I realized how hot it was without. This puree without the mayo makes a killer killer dip. I was dipping my chips like crazy because you really only want to dump half of this mix into the chicken or it will be way too creamy.

Add your chopped green onion, cilantro, and pepitas to the creamy chicken and enjoy. I am telling you. WOW! I just filled those tostidos baked scoops with this and dined. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment