Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tomato love, or is it basil, heck it's both

I was watching Barefoot Contessa on saturday morning on the Food Network. She was talking about the produce she gets in the summer. She made the most amazing thing I have ever seen and knew I must make it so that I could taste it in all of its delight. Scalloped Tomatoes. That's right, not potatoes, tomatoes. Totally Italian, totally fresh, and totally amazing. It was perfect because we had made the tomato soup and had a huge loaf of bread left. This recipe starts out with toasting cubes of bread in a pan with oil. Yummmy. So I did it, and I must tell you it was amazing. I mean absolutely amazing. I would sit and eat it for a meal. I could not believe how much I loved it. I will be making it again throughout the summer now that tomatoes will be in full swing and plenty of fresh basil. I ended up using some larger cherry tomatoes that I found at the store. Just halved them and it was perfect. I loved the sweetness of the smaller tomatoes. I would highly recommend doing the same. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment