Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Yummy Burger

I love meat. What can I say? I love burgers, sloppy joes, and chili. I am sure going to miss chili once spring comes, but I am really looking forward to grilling up some burgers. Yummy. I love them. This is a really good one I have had forever and never made. I don't know where it's from to be honest with you. All I have is a photo copy from a book at the library, so I apologize for that. This was so so yummy and juicy. I just feel like there is nothing like sitting down to a big juicy burger. It was healthy too. You can pretty much assume anything on here is, unless it's baked that is. So please, try it and enjoy. Oh, I didn't make the relish, although, it would have been amazing with it I am sure.

Turkey Burgers with creamy cucumber relish

1 1/4 lb ground turkey or chicken (I only used 1 lb with the same amount of ingredients)
1/2 c bread crumbs (okay maybe I used a little less of these, just sprinkled some in 1/4)
4 green onions light green and white parts only (okay so I only used two big ones)
2 T finely chopped fresh basil
2 T fresh lime juice
1 T soy sauce
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 t chili powder
1/4 t kosher salt
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper

Mix all in a bowl and form into four patties. Push down in the middle to allow for even cooking. Cook at least 5 minutes per side on medium heat in a pan on the stove top.

Relish
1 1/2 c coarsley grated seedless cucumber
2 T sour cream
1 T finely chopped fresh dill
1 t minced jalapeno chili
1/2 t minced garlic
1/4 t kosher salt
1/8 t fresh ground pepper

Put cucumber in a fine sieve and squeeze out the moisture. Mix together with the remaining ingredients and refridgerate until used. Top your burgers with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment