Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baloneys

My parents had stumbled upon this little sandwich shop in Barrington, Illinois on there way to visit us. It's located in the little downtown area in one of the historic Catlow Theater storefronts. They make the hugest sandwiches you could ever order. One of their specialties are the turkey salad and tuna salad. The other sandwich that is popular is the Reubenesque a corned beef
sandwich that is "gigantic". Maybe one day I will be brave enough, or hungry enough to order it.

Here's mine. I went with creating my own. Turkey, onions, tomato, lettuce and mustard. I keep it basic but man, I ate it all too. My belly was busting.

Last time we went we were cracking up at my aunt who just couldn't let it go to waste, so she finished it all. I couldn't believe it. When they first got their turkey salad there was no way they were going to finish it. They could have each eaten half and been full. I have no idea how she did it but in my eyes, she is a champion.http://www.boloneys.com/Boloneys/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment