Sunday, April 25, 2010

Best Sloppy Joes Ever for real this time.

I was looking through all my recipes trying to get some sort of inspiration in the kitchen. It's been hard lately. Nothing is sounding all that good to me. I found a recipe I had forever, Tango Joes from Rachael Ray. She had me at chimichurri. I didn't take pictures because it wasn't going to be that interesting of a picture, but believe me when I tell you that these things were full of flavor and a very very good flavor. I would highly suggest making these. Your family will love them. My husband did.
I served them with Ina's scalloped tomatoes. I have made them before and had been wanting them lately so I did it. I must say I really simplified the recipe for myself. I cubed the bread and then toasted it on a dry cookie sheet in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. I couldn't get them crispy in the pan the way the recipe calls for. And instead of cooking the tomatoes on the stove top for five minutes, I just skipped that step and mixed it all up in my baking dish and baked it as directed. Turned out the same if not better. My bread was crispier this time. I can't believe I timed it all out right but I pulled it off and it was a great lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment