Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flat bread and cookies

I recently went on a spree of checking out cookbooks at the library. It's really fun until you have to write down all of the recipes. One of the books I checked out was Robin Miller Robin to the Rescue. It's a really good one. She makes really simple and practical dishes. This is the first one I have tried, simple but yummy.
Flat Bread
1 package of store bought pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough)
rosemary
garlic
salt
olive oil

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 9X15 in pan/cookie sheet. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface as big as you can make it. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle on diced garlic. She used 4 cloves. This was a perfect amount. Sprinkle on some chopped up rosemary and then some salt. Bake 10-12 minutes. Amazing. The beautiful thin about this recipe is that you could totally do a million things with it. This was just what was suggested and I happened to have all of these things already so I went with it. Super yummy and simple. Had it with some spaghetti.
This was the cookie recipe I used. I made three variations of the cookie. The first batch was as shown in the recipe, with peanut butter cups. The second variation was with candy corn flavored Hershey Kisses I had from Halloween. The third variation was with some strawberry jelly. I wanted to make some that Lucy could eat and they turned out quite well I must say. Enjoy.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/peanut-butter-surprise-cookies?autonomy_kw=peanut%20putter%20blossom%20cookies&rsc=header_7

No comments:

Post a Comment