Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fresh Tasting

I made the most simple and amazing fresh tasting salad the other day. It has really been occuring to me lately that good food is so simple. It doesn't need much to make something taste amazing. I feel like it just came to me suddenly. Wow. That excites me. Especially with summer approaching us and the farmers market about to be in full affect. It's easy on the pocket book and takes no time at all. This is really a wonderful salad. Give it a try. Jason loved it and typically he isn't a pea guy. I think he prefers that crisp fresh taste that this salad had. Enjoy.

Raw Snap Pea Salad
Everyday Food May 2008
Martha Stewart

1 lb fresh raw sugar snap peas sliced 1/4 in thick on a diagonal
1 c finely chopped red onion
3 T fresh lemon juice
2 T olive oil
Season with coarse salt and pepper. Let sit at room temp for 10 minutes or refridgerate for later use. I added fresh basil to mine as well. I just love the taste together.

It's as simple as that. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment