Thursday, April 30, 2009

On a whim

I made it a goal this week to not go to the store once. It didn't work. But this salad was born from that goal. This is all I had for fresh veggies so I threw them together and it turned out amazing. Loved it. I didn't take a picture unfortunately but you can trust in me that I would not steer you wrong. It was beautiful, fresh tasting and healthy.

1 English cucumber (seedless cucumber)
1 yellow pepper
1 lemon
fresh basil
red onion
olive oil
salt & pepper

Chop the cucumber and yellow pepper. I left the skin on my cucumber because I feel like I am cutting away all of the nutrients when I do that. Mince the red onion. Throw it all into a bowl. Squeeze half of the lemon into the bowl with one tablespoon of olive oil. Roughly chop your fresh basil and toss that in. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Refrigerate up two three days. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment