Saturday, January 30, 2010

Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich Banh mi


Another great meal. I have been feeling very inspired lately. I am happy that we ventured away from Mexican for a few meals, not that I am tired of it, as I never will be, but just because there are so many other types of food we love. Vietnamese being one of them.
Even though there are a few steps in this meal really it is super easy. If you know how to marinate chicken and dice up veggies you are good to go. I have to say this recipe made me realize my love for a good French loaf. This sandwich was so amazing and we were so happy to be able to get two meals out of it. Jason would not stop talking about it. I mean he was in love with the things. I was too but I mean this guy was in love. It was pretty damn good. Like I wish I could eat it right now again. I wasn't sure how he would like it with the pickled vegetables on top but I must say, and we kept talking about it during the meal, was that everything went so well together. We garnished ours with thinly sliced red onion, cilantro, jalapenos, cucumbers and the pickled veggies. Man, I can not tell you how amazing this was. If you want to make something that tastes like you are eating out in the city make this. It will be a nice treat for you.




I found the recipe through my favorite web site ever foodgawker.com. If you have never checked it out, do for sure. It is a labyrinth of recipes upon recipes. You could see this one for example for the Vietnamese sammies and click on it and boom, you could find more recipes on that person blog. It's bascially the most amazing site ever. Please try and make these and you will be amazed how delicious you can make something at home. Chinese five spice is pure love.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you tried the Banh Mi from my blog, yours look fab! :)

    ReplyDelete