Lighter Sesame NoodlesMartha Stewart Everyday Food
- Coarse salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti 3 minutes less than al dente. Add broccoli, bell peppers, and onion. Cook until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender, 3 minutes more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and vegetables.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Add hot pasta and vegetables; toss to coat, thinning sauce with a little pasta water, if necessary. Serve at room temperature or chilled.