Monday, February 9, 2009

The best cake and frosting combo ever

This is by far my favorite cake recipe ever ever ever. I crave it daily. That is no lie. I usually make it as a layer cake instead cupcakes because I like being able to have a little more frosting, especially with this recipe. I did however make them into cupcakes this winter and got a little crazy with the frosting. I cut a hole out of the middle of the cupcake and filled the hole with frosting and then frosted the cupcake. I took some to my two girlfriends and didn't really tell them what was up with them, but my friend Valerie said, I knew there was something up with them when I felt how heavy they were. Comedy. They were loaded and a little too much I must say. But man, they were good. Try this recipe. It's perfect and so so so good.


From The Cupcake Doctor

1 box of butter golden cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1 8 oz package of reduced fat cream cheese room temp
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c water
1 T vanilla
4 large eggs

Pre heat oven to 350. Make sure you have a rack placed in the center. Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Mix all together and spoon mix into cups 2/3 full. This makes about 22-24 cupcakes. Bake for 24-27 minutes. Use a cake tester. Don't overbake. The top will be slightly golden. Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes and then remove from the pan and continue cooling on the rack.

Chocolate Syrup Frosting
1 stick of softened butter
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c chocolate syrup
3 c confectioners sugar sifted
1 T milk
1 t pure vanilla

Cream the butter cocoa and syrup together. Add milk sugar and vanilla. Blend on low until incorporated. Then beat on med until creamy. You may add more milk it you think it's a little too thick for your liking.


2 comments:

  1. My goal in life is to crack you up! Damn! Now I want some cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crud. Those look amazing! I want one right now. And by the way, you can never have too much frosting, so I don't know what that's all about.

    ReplyDelete