Thursday, February 26, 2009

The best burgers I have had


I decided to make these burgers tonight. I have been wanting burgers forever now and it happened. I did it. I got my new Rachael Ray magazine in the mail and found this recipe. I have to say I was a little leery about how they would turn out, but I went for it. I even thought about changing them, but wanted to see how they would be. I used brown rice and I did add two cloves of minced garlic and a drizzle of olive oil in fear of dryness. They turned out so amazing. I couldn't even believe I was sitting in my kitchen eating them. It tasted like a burger I would order out to a nice dinner. So so so amazing. I would have to say that you could use a little less beans if you want. I liked the amount that was used, but some of the beans didn't stick in the mix because there were so many. It's totally your call. The garlic was a nice addition. I would highly recommend it. The recipe says four burgers. Yeah, that's if you want to make your stomach explode. This makes about six good sized burgers. The beans and rice really make them super filling. I ate mine around 5:45 and I am just now starting to feel like myself again. It was so so good. Also, I just bought store made guacamole to make it easier for me with Lucy and all. So that was nice. I typically would have made the one listed but didn't want to risk it. She only allows me so much time in the kitchen and luckily I cranked these bad boys out. It was awesome.

Beef 'n' Bean Burrito Burgers

Serves 4
Submitted by
Rachael Ray
on 02/26/09

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground beef sirloin
  • One can black beans (15 ounces), rinsed
  • 1/2 cup leftover white or brown rice, cold
  • 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (about 1/2 palmful)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander (about 1/2 palmful)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 jalapeño chile or serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, grated orfinely chopped
  • Grated peel and juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 4 crusty rolls, split
  • 4 leaves red-leaf lettuce
  • 1 tomato, sliced
Preparation

In a large bowl, combine the beef, beans, rice, grill seasoning, chili powder, cumin and coriander. Form into 4 patties. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once and lowering the heat slightly for the last few minutes, until browned, 12 minutes.

While the burgers cook, in a medium bowl, mash together the avocado, onion, jalapeño, garlic, lime peel and lime juice. Stir in the sour cream.

Layer each roll bottom with a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, a beef patty, guacamole and a roll top.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. This is totally something I'd eat. My ass thanks you for expanding it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to break it too you but they are really healthy. Sorry Lauren. Your ass will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete