Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream


So, we bought a ice cream maker months and months ago. Used it about two times. I was getting sick of the thing sitting around and so I busted it out. I made the most amazing vanilla ice cream ever. I have to admit I kicked it up a notch by adding about a 3/4 c of some frosting I had been saving up for just this occasion in the freezer. It was the perfect addition to cookies and cream I must say. I can't say how much it changed the flavor because I didn't really try it before I added it. I just know that this ice cream freaked my freak, and Jason's. I did make it for him.

Vanilla Ice Cream
Cuisineart

1 1/2 c whole milk
1 1/8 c white sugar
3 c heavy cream
1-2 T pure vanilla ( I used only one)

Mix the milk and sugar on high with a hand mixer until the sugar is dissolved. About 3 minutes. Stir in the cream by hand and then the vanilla. Add to your ice cream maker and make as directed by your models specifications. I mixed mine 25 minutes and then added the frosting. After that was incorporated I added the chopped Oreos. Man this ice cream was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment